Sunday, May 4, 2014

{Book Review} Sky2 Detritus Machine

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
Sky2 - Detritus Machine
Post Apocalyptic Thriller/234 Pages

After reading Sky1 Foundation I was thrilled to get into what happened after finally emigrating but them not making out alive. With Jane presumably dead and Storme looking like he was close enough to being dead, what was Nick to do? What comes next is not what this book is actually about. What events happened before Nick was married, while he was still with Carmen and what went on on Muldoin.

Ten years into the past we now start to know about Nick's  time in Muldoin (Ground 42). Imagine my excitement when reading because I wanted to know what really happened in Muldoin. What exactly did Nick learn that he wanted to share with the world so bad while down there. From the beginning I got lost into the words and with such vivid descriptions the book naturally came alive in my head.

We meet up with Anna, her intrigue and mystery draws Nick in while on his assignment and he risks his assignment to learn about her. From there on, Anna pulls Nick into a world where he probably wishes he could unsee all the stuff that began happening around him. No one seems to be who they really are including his co workers who seem to haggle him every time they could. We learn about the so called "Machine" family and the Deformer creature who is a man-machine. Anna and Nick become closer than you would think because of all the near death situations that will arise. William Amerman (author) once again brings you into the madness of the world and its grounds. With the world Nick knows everything changes when he learns what is actually beyond the walls and can he believe that it is real. You now begin to truly understand how tight and restricted the lower grounds are and that everyone in the end wants a world without all the rules and more living space, which we learn are put in place to cause rebellion. But why?

Get lost in the world, its people and its political craziness.

Get your copy on Amazon for $5.99 or on Smashwords, it will be more than worth it.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - that looks like one that my son would want a video game about!! ha/ha Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking this week for a couple books to take with me on vacation. I will have to check out both books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book. I need something new to read this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 14 year old would get lost in this book.

    ReplyDelete